- Dear family, fans, and friends of Barefoot Truth:
- Some of you have known us since the beginning, many of you have only come to know our music and become valued people in our lives in recent years . . . most of you we still look forward to meeting! Regardless of where you fit into our continuum, each of you has been along for the ride and we would like to extend our most sincere thanks for joining us on this journey. Without you, our fans, this band would have never had the opportunity to make a living by creating and performing music. Never would we have shared the stage with artists such as Crosby & Nash, Ray Lamontagne, O.A.R., and Michael Franti just to name a few. We could never had imagined reaching #10 on iTunes… a feat that is simply unheard of as an unsigned independent band. With our heartfelt thanks we today want to let you know that things will be changing for the band in the coming months.
- This is a band of individuals; Each of us bringing our own unique talent that enriches the overall music. It has been nearly a decade of constant transit between stages, studios, and hotel rooms. Together we have endured the trials and tribulations of “The Road”. We value each of these experiences, for they have shaped us into what we have become; a brotherhood. This band is built on the strength of values that our families have given us — hard work and honesty at our core. We are proud to say that we have never strayed from those values during the years of shows at venues large and small.
- In the past few years, it has been more difficult than you may realize for the band to continue the pace. Although we love playing live shows, the pull to be home with loved ones and the desire to pursue other interests has strained our ability to honestly give the band our full devotion and attention. After much soulful discussion, we have decided that it must be time for us to turn a new chapter. Therefore, the band has decided that this fall will mark the final shows for Barefoot Truth. Trust that we did not come to this decision easily, for we truly believe that our music has a place and purpose that is needed. We know that in our absence the music will continue to reach new listeners, and we hope that you will never stop spreading the truth! We also are excited to let you know that we are planning to go out with a bang!! In this final tour we want you to join us in celebrating a fun-filled, independent music career as we make our last swing through some of our favorite music venues in New England. Change is coming, and know that it is for all good reasons. We can never thank you enough for your ongoing support, but we hope to see you one last time this fall to try. As always … Big Love, -BFT
Barefoot Truth Farewell Tour 2012
- 10.12 Colonial Theater – Pittsfield, MA
- 10.13 Garde Theater – New London, CT
- 11.9 Higher Ground – Burlington, VT
- 11.10 Calvin Theater – Northampton, MA